Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 70,081 to 70,100 of 70,145

Ryu_Niiyama

Good to hear from others that are playing. I’m gonna get Endless Ocean in the next two months but I just started Showtime and work is ramping up in a way that I know my free time is gonna be nil. So I won’t get a new game until Showtime is done. But EO sounds like it is about what I was expecting.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NeonPizza

@Eel
Nope! The ultimate/definitive version of the original RE4, imo, would without question be on Quest 3. You'll get motion based aiming that easily surpasses flat screen gyro aiming, aside from being in the game itself in full stereoscopic 3D, running at 90-120fps. The Switch version on the other hand, not only doesn't support gyro aiming, but it also has a weird unstable buggy 60fps frame rate, which can stutter from time to time. Capcom should of included gyro, along with an option to display the game at 720p(Docked) at a locked 60fps, instead of just 1080p + an unstable stuttery 60. It looks Soft in hand held mode too, since it's not displayed at a native 1280x720p.

If you must play OG RE4, I would just get the PS4 or XBOX One Version on PS5 or XSX instead. The PS4 version, that I have, is running at 1080p at a locked 60, and the visuals(texture work etc) clearly look better. Cross hair stick aiming across all systems is weird and jittery though, supposedly because of the 30 to 60fps bump.

Then again, getting it on Series X or XBOX One one would be the better experience or fit due to the higher positioning of the left analog stick on the XBOX pad, which does a better job at mimicking the GameCube controller.

Edited on by NeonPizza

NeonPizza

Eel

@NeonPizza ah thanks for confirming! It’s so strange how that one in particular was the only one of the bunch that didn’t. Rev 1, Rev 2, 5, and 6 all got gyro aiming.

I do have other ways to play it (I have the original on Wii and the remake on Xbox), but I enjoy the portability of the Switch Lite.

I might still get it… but I’m really bad at aiming with joysticks.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NeonPizza

@Eel
No prob! And it's weird, i had no idea that 5 & 6 supported Gyro Aiming. Unfortunately, Gyro aiming in REV 1 is pretty awful. Where's the reference/sensor bar when you need it? Capcom did a better job with Gyro in REV 2, but it's locked in at 30fps on Switch. But if you can get past that you're probably in for a good time! Although, it is NOT in league with any of the modern mainline entries such as 2Remake(S-Tier), Village, 4R and even 3R. Revelations 2 is Resident Budget Evil.

And as much as I loved the Wii+Virtual Console back in it's hay day, the bouncing/bobbing big white cross hair in RE4 Wii edition drove me nuts. It's one rare occasion where i actually preferred playing that game with a Gamecube controller, with the Red laser dot aiming. Quest 3 does it right though. it's end-game motion controls. Nothing compares to actually aiming like you could in real life, with the laser sight in VR and having genando's get right up in your face. One handed weapons work like a charm, but it always feels semi weird having to use the second hand in mid-air as if you're holding a shot gun or Bazooka. That's when things can sometimes feel a little wonky.

And it's not that I'm bad with Joy stick aiming, it's just that i'm practically over it. RE2R & RE3R had spectacular analog cross hair aiming when you plunked both into high frame rate mode(120fps, on PS5) since it cuts input lag down in half, making the controls even more responsive, on the dime, fluid and snappy. Those two are the rare exception that I've played as of late. Unfortunately, RE4 Remake drops the ball in that area. Clunky ridged cross hair aiming is the name of the game, unless you play it on PSVR2...And even the flat screen gyro doesn't feel that accurate or intuitive. Very half baked.

Edited on by NeonPizza

NeonPizza

Eel

@NeonPizza on the remakes, I make do with the aim assist, and as I unlock infinite ammo and special weapons, then it’s not so much of a trouble if I miss a shot.

Though in 4R, aim assist might be a bit too eager to assist at times, when I played that one, I had to fight it more than once.

I think perhaps Revelations 1 tried to handle gyro aiming like it’s on a 3DS, so it didn’t translate too well to separate controllers.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fizza

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Blooper987

What the frick! So happy I chose today to stay up till 3 AM rofl

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Blooper987

At least now we can avoid the whole “is there a June direct or not” fiasco for the next month. Crazy they just said all this in a random tweet tho

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

skywake

This smells similar to the last year of the Wii U. June Direct (in the case of the Wii U E3) where they explicitly don't talk about the next hardware. And annouced ahead of time as such

In the case of the Wii U -> Switch transition what we then got was an proper Switch reveal in October. Followed by a transition in messaging, full presentation in early 2017, release in March

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Grumblevolcano

It was interestingly vague, like @Magician said in the Direct thread it's possible this could mean that the announcement is in March 2025 rather than the release. There's a lot of flexibility present here, they could go the strategy of proper reveal in Fall/Holiday 2024 and release in March 2025 or they could go proper reveal in Early 2025 and release in Fall/Holiday 2025 (or even March 2026).

In any case, the confirmation of a June general Direct pretty much guarantees we're getting a repeat of last year where the lineup for the 2nd half of 2024 is packed for the current Switch which is very exciting news.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FishyS

Grumblevolcano wrote:

It was interestingly vague, like @Magician said in the Direct thread it's possible this could mean that the announcement is in March 2025 rather than the release. There's a lot of flexibility present here, they could go the strategy of proper reveal in Fall/Holiday 2024 and release in March 2025 or they could go proper reveal in Early 2025 and release in Fall/Holiday 2025 (or even March 2026).

If the rumour of a delay was actually true, it's possible they are being vague because they haven't actually decided yet. Technically it could still be Mar 2025, but now they have an entire year of window just in case. Either that or they are being vague because it is definitely later and they don't want to admit it yet.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

skywake

They're being vague because it's to their benefit to keep their cards close to their chest. Standard practice in this space. The idea that some people think we're somehow still two years away from release is something else

3DS was almost announced in the same way. March press release followed by nothing much until E3 where they laid out all the cards. Then a February release. Switch was unusual in that they dropped the codename early but the Wii U was unusual. 2016 in general though, basically played out how this year is looking. Quiet start to the year, Wii U only E3, then an October announcement, February showcase and March release

I don't see any realistic scenario where this thing isn't in our hands by around this time next year

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

PikminMarioKirby

@skywake I think that is a great idea. March-April and maybe even early May seems like the trajectory of this console's release. We may get a tease for one of the games at the June Direct, but we'll likely have to wait for September to actually get a good look at the launch year.

Are we thinking Pokemon Legends Z-A is a cross-gen title? It seems highly unlikely for the Pokemon company to be doing that out of all people, but I guess it's not out of the question.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Remake HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OctolingKing13

UM UM UM I JUST WOKE UP AND SAW NEWS OF A CONFIRMATION OF A SUCESSOR AND A TIME FRAME IT WILL BE ABBOUNCED AND AND JUNE DIRECT IS REAL AND FINANCIAL RESILTS ARE OUT AHHHHH THE DROUGHT IS ENDING )))))))

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

Anti-Matter

Am I the only one who have not so high hype with Nintendo Direct June 2024 ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

OctolingKing13

They also basically confirmed Pokemon Legends Z-A is coming out for the actual Nintendo switch. Sad that they didn’t update Splat 3 sales:(

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

PikminMarioKirby

@OctolingKing13 Personally I didn't really see a Nintendo drought. TTYD alone fills pretty much the whole year for me. In terms of new games, though, there is for sure a drought.

Splatoon 3's sales didn't update probably because it didn't sell >1 million copies within the January-March timeframe

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Remake HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OctolingKing13

@PikminMarioKirby Splatoon threes sales hasn’t been updated since march 2023 i think

I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

Budda

What a nice birthday present from Nintendo! 🥰
300 platinum coins are also nice... but the announcement of a reveal happening is SO HYPE! Thank You Nintendo! ❤️

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Novamii

So...how we all doing today?

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: (Taking a break and leaving my gamer dungeon before TTYD.)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic