Forums

Topic: Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door!!!!!!!

Posts 161 to 180 of 191

Joeynator3000

0 BP, good, I do wonder when you get it, though...just in case the new version of the OST isn't doing it for me. (I got used to Super Mario RPG's, so...shrugs)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

card-crunch78

Bobbery is still in the game, so you can all relax.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Joeynator3000

...I really want to hear chapter 3's boss theme in this version now, my favorite boss theme in the game.
(chapter 3 in general was fun, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Darkly

The saddest part is it looks very slows. The original ran very fast and well, but the remake runs very slow compared to the original. it takes (what looks like) twice as long to get around and do stuff in battle.

Darkly

PikminMarioKirby

@Darkly The remake does not look slow to me. It looks about the same speed. Some ‘puzzle solved’ cutscenes are a fraction of the length of the original’s cutscenes.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Remake HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eel

Perhaps it’s just the knowledge of the frame rate being halved making you think things go at half the speed.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Darkly

Going back to watch footage of it, it does look fine, not very slow at all, it must of just been me thinking about it as I watched it a while before I commented, and I might have just been thinking weirdly. And it was also probably me thinking about the frame rate and whatnot.

Darkly

Darkly

Going back to watch footage of it, it does look fine, not very slow at all, it must of just been me thinking about it as I watched it a while before I commented, and I might have just been thinking weirdly. And it was also probably me thinking about the frame rate and whatnot.

Darkly

PikminMarioKirby

Remake pros & cons:

Pros:

1. We can listen to the new and even the old soundtrack through a new badge (0 BP)
2. Your partners seem to have music themes (so far we’ve seem Goombella’s Theme and Koops’ Theme)
3. Each chapter seems to have different basic battle music (brings even more personality to the areas)
4. New graphics are some of if not the best we’ve seen on Switch, with great lighting effects and detailed environments with great reflections. It’s super stylized.
5. New back-sprites and new character animations/reactions
6. Seems like there will be different versions of Peach’s theme and underground Rogueport (and probably more)
7. Training Toad/new trouble mouse guy will help new/younger players, but not forced into the game, and it’s optional.
8. Soundtrack option to listen to the music (there seems to be a good amount of options for listening as well)
9.Gallery/Concept art is added
10. fps is stable 30 instead of low resolution and unstable 60fps. 30 fps being stable and much more eye-catching/high resolution was obviously the better choice
11. 4 files are staying! (It was possible there’d only be one file because that’s how Origami King was)
12. Blue tunnels reworked so it’ll help with the backtracking
13. The Remake is significantly cheaper than the original
14. This version can be not only played on TV but also played handheld/on the go

Cons:

1. not 60 fps (although it’s the best it can for Switch hardware, so not really a con)
2. You might not be able to name your file (although it is not yet confirmed)

Conclusion:
So yeah this remake is pretty much all positive things, cannot wait! They’re doing this game justice, it is a worthy successor to the original Thousand-Year Door.

Edited on by PikminMarioKirby

Novamii

@PikminMarioKirby There's also the pro of not having to sell an arm and a leg just to play the game on original hardware. Seriously, even used copies of Gamecube games are ridiculously priced!

Edited on by Novamii

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: Undecided

PikminMarioKirby

@Novamii Very true! Thanks for saying that, I'll add that

Edited on by PikminMarioKirby

Darkly

@Novamii I know right!!! A good price for the original is hard to come by. Luckily I was able to get my copy for a good price.

Darkly

Tyranexx

Novamii wrote:

There's also the pro of not having to sell an arm and a leg just to play the game on original hardware. Seriously, even used copies of Gamecube games are ridiculously priced!

This is precisely why I've never played The Thousand Year Door before. As well as some other GameCube gems that haven't been ported/remastered/remade for other systems. I didn't have a GameCube growing up, nor did I know anyone who owned one.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Novamii

@Tyranexx I remember wanting to hunt for retro games (Particularly Gamecube) years ago. I always thought that it would be fun to see just what I could get and how good of a deal I could get it at. The problem I had was quite similar to yours though, barely anyone where I lived had a Gamecube. Aside from the Wii (Because everyone has a Wii.) everyone had an Xbox, and if you wanted to look for them online you'd most likely be forking over $100+ just for TTYD. That honestly kinda turned me away from retro hunting, especially considering nowadays you can get two new Nintendo releases with vouchers for $100 and still save around $20.

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: Undecided

Tyranexx

@Novamii Similar situation; I wasn't exposed to full Nintendo consoles after the SNES for many years (My aunt had one for her kids and babysat me a lot). My family didn't own an actual TV console until the Wii due to how expensive they could be. I had handhelds as a kid though, starting at age 10 when a certain young Pokemaniac was given a silver Special Pikachu Edition GBC with Pokemon Gold and a couple other games. Most people I knew around the time of the GameCube had either an Xbox or PS2. I'd get some occasional time on the latter when visiting some cousins. I started collecting retro games for GBC/GBA at one point, but I stopped pretty quickly once I realized the costs involved...and the Virtual Console was a much cheaper option for many of the games I wanted to play by then.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Jhena

I just pre ordered the game from the My Nintendo Store. It seems I only get one key ring, instead of three. Is it random which one you get?

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

PikminMarioKirby

@Jhena Nice, that’s exciting! My guess is that it would be kinda randomized, unless you get all 3 but I’m not sure. I mean all 3 characters are pretty cool so would be happy any way

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic