Forums

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei V Thread

Posts 541 to 542 of 542

Kimyonaakuma

@XandertheWise I'm not particularly interested in pursuing this further. I'm sure we've all given enough information, if not there's enough articles and reviews elsewhere.

I won't be replying to you though - consider that a "win" if you want. I don't really care

Kimyonaakuma

Ralizah

Interesting claim from a recent preview.

https://www.vg247.com/shin-megami-tensei-5-vengeance-preview

The original Shin Megami Tensei 5 – a Switch exclusive, until now – deviated from this rock-hard formula a little bit. If you spent time fusing demons, grinding out random encounters in the wastelands of a ruined Tokyo, and learning what the legions of demons in the game were weak to, you could rather effortlessly meander through the story without too much resistance. It was fun, don’t get me wrong – it just didn’t feel very MegaTen.

But Shin Megami Tensei 5: Vengeance reassess that balance. It wants to make you suffer. It wants to make you earn your victories, eke through its encounters by the skin of your teeth. Bring the grit in you out. I’ve only played about three hours of the game at a preview event hosted by publisher Sega and developer Atlus, but already I can feel that the waters here are darker, deeper, and deadlier than they were in the vanilla outing of the game.

Maybe because of the re-done level scaling?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic