Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 15,981 to 16,000 of 16,031

Novamii

@Blooper987 It'd be a safe assumption to expect a similar year to how the 3DS was in 2017/2018. Granted, the Switch was out early on by that point, but in terms of games I'd say it'll probably be similar.

Edited on by Novamii

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: (Taking a break and leaving my gamer dungeon before TTYD.)

Sigran102

@Blooper987 I actually think fire emblem is decently likely for this year. There have been rumors about another fire emblem remake like Echoes for a while now, and it's the perfect size game for an end of system year. It's big enough to be a high end release but not big enough to distract from the switch 2.

Sigran102

Blooper987

@Sigran102 I do believe the Geneology remake exists and is gonna come out sometime within the next year, it just isn’t in my Direct predictions. I was debating swapping Kirby with that but FE feels more like a Spring 2025 release either as a Switch 1 title that runs better on Switch 2 or as a final game to hold people over before a Summer 2025 Switch 2 launch, depending on if the console releases March or later

I could 100% see it starting the direct tho since most Fire Emblem games seem to start them lately

Edited on by Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Grumblevolcano

I think we'll see Wonder DLC start the Direct. Nintendo seems extremely focused on Mario nowadays:

• October 20th - SMB Wonder
  • November 3rd - WarioWare Move It
  • November 9th - MK8 Deluxe DLC wave 6
  • November 17th - Super Mario RPG
  • February 16th - Mario vs. DK
  • March 22nd - Princess Peach Showtime
  • May 23rd - TTYD
  • June 27th - LM2

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FishyS

I'm also betting on Mario Wonder DLC this direct.

Plus some Zelda remaster/remake/port. And some metroid, likely Prime 2 or 2/3.

Those are my top 3 predictions, not counting Nintendo World Championship since we might get that earlier.

I would go 50/50 with random Kirby game.

If we trust their word that this is only Switch 1 games (I'm not sure I do) then they shouldn't tease 3D Mario. In which case I have zero clue what their final announcement would be. In theory could be a cross-gen game like Prime 4. Or... yet another Mario franchise remake. Or.... Link to the Past remake? 😝 Imagine if they did that; everyone would go berserk.

The thing I want which is probably even less likely is Super Mario Land 2 remake.

@Grumblevolcano That really is an insane amount of Mario recently.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

PikminMarioKirby

@FishyS I NEED Mario Wonder DLC and if the Direct had it I would immediately love the Direct.

While you’re at it Nintendo, please..DLC…Pikmin 4…

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Remake HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaleBoi25

OK my vote is either Yoshi + Poochy's Wooly World or Kirby and the Rainbow Curse for the June Direct.

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

NintendoByNature

@Blooper987 I've always thought of dk and Mario as the more "hardcore" platformer even though as of late they're more easier to play through. Then I've thought of Kirby and Yoshi as the casual platformers where they should be flip flopping releases. Instead I feel like it's been non stop Kirby since 2018.

NintendoByNature

PikminMarioKirby

@NintendoByNature Kirby is a 2nd party IP with it's own team (HAL Laboratory) and nearly exclusively works on Kirby games. Occasionally other studios help with games as well (some are co-developed by Nintendo, Kirby's Epic Yarn is by Good-Feel). This keeps a constant flow of Kirby games releasing.

Kirby is one of Nintendo's most popular IPs, so it makes sense that HAL and Nintendo would want to cash out on it. Kirby games have pretty deep lore/canon and can get pretty creepy at certain parts of the games (mostly the mainline games), which often makes them end up being rated E10+. I've had a lot harder of a time with Kirby games' side content than I do with 2D Mario games. I'd say Kirby is deeper than both DK and Mario (Those are my 3 favorite 2D game series btw), especially knowing who Kirby seemingly is implied to be...

Edited on by PikminMarioKirby

Blooper987

@NintendoByNature You’re generally right. Kinda feel if we do get another DK 2D platformer sometime in the next 3 years or so it’ll be a more casual game like Jungle Beat instead of the regular Country games which are “hardcore”. I do also agree it’s been a bit longer than I want since the last Yoshi game. Hopefully we’ll get one soon that’ll be on par with Woolly world. I’m kinda wondering if they plan on giving Yoshi his 3D moment like Kirby had for the next game

Edited on by Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

FishyS

@Blooper987 Since Good Feel made Peach Showtime, I assume that is partially why we didn't get Yoshi.

3D Yoshi game would be amazing.

FishyS

PikminMarioKirby

3D Yoshi would be such a banger game. Nintendo, take notes.

Edited on by PikminMarioKirby

Noble_Haltmann

After recently completing Wonder 100%, I totally get the DLC speculation.
The true final level especially showed a lot of potential for tougher challenges combining various stage gimmicks as well as badges.

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

PikaPhantom

2 things that I think are worth bringing up:
1. While it may not be shadowdropped, the Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition leak from Pyoro would suggest that it's getting announced this week. I don't think he's ever leaked anything that wasn't shown off within a matter of days. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a June/July release.
2. Even though Nintendo formally confirmed they have new hardware coming fairly soon, their upcoming games calendar did nothing to suggest that either Metroid Prime 4 or Pokemon Legends Z-A will be coming to the successor. Doesn't mean they won't be cross-generation, but the fact Prime 4 was still under the Switch calendar should really put to bed any rumors or speculations that it'll only launch on the Switch successor.

PikaPhantom

FishyS

PikaPhantom wrote:

Doesn't mean they won't be cross-generation, but the fact Prime 4 was still under the Switch calendar should really put to bed any rumors or speculations that it'll only launch on the Switch successor.

They also called the new console the next Switch model, so whose to say they won't keep the general branding and combine them on the calendar? It's not like they would start making a seperate Switch 2 column before they have formally announced even a codename. Pokemon is such a big seller they will want it on both consoles regardless, but Prime 4 they will do whatever suits them.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

PikaPhantom

@FishyS Does not seem likely at this stage. If they have games releasing across two different systems, they'll want to make it apparent, at least when both are formally unveiled. But frankly, if Prime 4 isn't coming to Switch anymore, then they probably would've mentioned it as part of their upcoming slate.

We've heard from decently reliable leakers that Nintendo is planning a significant marketing push for Metroid, and that there only appears to be a version of Prime 4 planned for the original Switch at this time. Maybe they're wrong, but I think it's likely Prime 4 is one of the big games planned for this holiday season, and at most will get an update/upgrade on Switch 2 that lets it run better. Considering that it's likely to be built on the same engine as the Prime remaster, though (an updated version of Retro's internal engine that they've used since the initial Prime)...it's entirely possible it runs just as well as that did, unless the scope is significantly expanded.

Edited on by PikaPhantom

PikaPhantom

FishyS

PikaPhantom wrote:

If they have games releasing across two different systems, they'll want to make it apparent, at least when both are formally unveiled.

I agree; it will be interesting to see if there are any changes in this type of data sheet after the formal unveiling.

For now, we get to stick with rumoured leaks and speculation.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Tayrailbridge

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Nintendo seems extremely focused on Mario nowadays

Isn't this to be expected? Mario is their star, and during a somewhat quiet period like now it's pretty easy to pump out a lot of smaller Mario games (excluding Wonder).

Tayrailbridge

cchhaasseerr

PikaPhantom wrote:

2. Even though Nintendo formally confirmed they have new hardware coming fairly soon, their upcoming games calendar did nothing to suggest that either Metroid Prime 4 or Pokemon Legends Z-A will be coming to the successor.

Pokemon ZA had this "coming to Nintendo Switch systems" line though, which to me highly suggests a double release.
As for Prime 4 I couldn't agree with you more. If it was not coming to Switch 1, they would've removed it from their website long time ago.

cchhaasseerr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic